The 1.2 release of JiBX is expected to be the last major release in the 1.X series, though there will still be point releases of 1.2 for bug fixes. JiBX 2.0, featuring a rewritten code generator and improvements to the runtime design, is in development but may not be available in usable form for some time. The 2.0 work requires in-depth knowledge of the code and is not something where new developers are likely to be able to become directly involved.
Even so, there are several areas where interested developers can make important contributions to the JiBX project:
If you're interested in working in any of these areas (or have your own ideas for extending JiBX) check first on the jibx-dev email list to see if anyone else is already working in the same area.
If you're interested in becoming an active part of the JiBX team you'll need to fill out and return the Contributor License Agreement, below. It's not necessary for developers who are only contributing patches or bug fixes to fill out this agreement, but you'll be asked to state your acceptance of the agreement with respect to any code you submit.
JiBX committers, please complete this Agreement and mail it to The JiBX Project, 6 Ocean Road, Paraparaumu Beach 5032, Wellington, New Zealand. Please read this document carefully before signing, and keep a copy of the signed agreement for your records.
If you have any questions, please contact Dennis Sosnoski.
---------------- cut here ----------------
The JiBX Project
Contributor License Agreement
Thank you for your interest in The JiBX Project (the "Project"). In order to clarify the intellectual property license granted with contributions of software from any person or entity (the "Contributor"), the Project would like to have a Contributor License Agreement on file that has been signed by the Contributor, indicating agreement to the license terms below. This license is for your protection as a Contributor of software to the Project and does not change your right to use your own contributions for any other purpose.
If you have not already done so, please complete this Agreement and mail it to The JiBX Project, 6 Ocean Road, Paraparaumu Beach 5032, Wellington, New Zealand. Please read this document carefully before signing, and keep a copy of the signed agreement for your records.
You and the Project hereby accept and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Your "Contributions" means all of your past, present and future contributions of object code, source code and documentation to the Project, however submitted to the Project, excluding any submissions that are conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by You as "Not a Contribution."
2. You hereby grant to the Project a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, no-charge, transferable copyright license to use, execute, prepare derivative works of, and distribute (internally and externally, in object code and, if included in your Contributions, source code form) your Contributions. Except for the rights granted to the Project in this paragraph, You reserve all right, title and interest in and to your Contributions.
3. You represent that you are legally entitled to grant the above license. If your employer(s) have rights to intellectual property that you create, you represent that you have received permission to make the Contributions on behalf of that employer, or that your employer has waived such rights for your Contributions to the Project.
4. You represent that, except as disclosed in your Contribution submission(s), each of your Contributions is your original creation. You represent that your Contribution submission(s) include complete details of any license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents and trademarks) associated with any part of your Contribution(s) (including a copy of any applicable license agreement). You agree to notify the Project of any facts or circumstances of which you become aware that would make Your representations in this Agreement inaccurate in any respect.
5. Your Contributions are provided as-is, with all faults defects and errors, and without warranty of any kind (either express or implied) including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and any warranty of non-infringement. The Project is not obligated to accept your Contributions, and even if your Contributions are accepted into the Project they may later be removed at any time and without any notice.
---------------- cut here ----------------
This contributor license agreement is based on the license used for the Apache Jakarta project, published at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/agreement.html